2020 Pick Your Own Procedures
With Pick-Your-Own farms essential to the local community, we are taking all steps to maintain the health and safety of our customers and employees during the 2020 Pick Your Own season. The implementations being made are to ensure safe social distancing and longevity of the season. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and thank you for your patronage!
CDC Health and Safety Standards include:
- Washing hands regularly and multiple times throughout the day.
- Limiting access to common areas.
- Disinfecting high touch/traffic locations every 30 minutes (inside trailers and pavilion).
- Hand sanitizing stations positioned near check out.
- Added staff to monitor activity and adhering to social distancing requirements (6 feet separation).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover mouth with a bent elbow when sneezing or coughing. If a tissue is used, dispose of it immediately and follow with proper hand washing.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a cloth face covering or higher level protection when in public
Additional Pick Your Own Safety Standards include:
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home and don’t come to the farm or PYO.
- You are required to wear your own face mask while paying for your PYO basket, and when you cannot maintain a 6’ social distance from others.
- Social distancing will be maintained, 6’ between individuals.
- You are requested to wash and/or sanitize your hands prior to entering the field—we’ll have a wash station and plenty of sanitizer available.
- Picking containers will be provided—you are not allowed to bring your own container(s).
- The payment method is pay-then-pick; you can choose between different size containers to purchase—you will save the more you pick.
- We accept credit and debit cards as the preferred method, but will accept cash.
- You will make your purchase before entering the field.
- Once you are done picking you simply leave along the marked exit route and return to your vehicle—no more lines waiting to pay, and no large congregation around the PYO booth.
- Picking groups or parties will be limited to no more than 5 so as to maintain safe social distancing in the field. Larger groups will be split up. We encourage patrons to come with their nuclear family only.
- A field monitor will assign you to a section in the field—you are asked to stay in that area and not wander to other parts of the field.
- The number of pickers in the field will be limited at any given time to allow for safe social distancing—these limits will vary depending upon the field and/or the amount of ripe berries within the field.
- These limits may lead to wait times especially during busier times and or on weekends.
- Fruit picked cannot be consumed in the field, and should be washed/eaten at home.
- Picnicking activity will not be allowed on the farm or in the PYO area.
- Animals/Pets are not allowed on the farm or in PYO
- If you require a service animal please contact us in advance for specific guidelines
Bishop’s Orchards understands that these necessary changes will take some adjusting, but hope they will encourage you all to still come out and enjoy our favorite time of year! Please email if you have any other questions or concerns!