As we are entering a safer time since the start of COVID-19, our family would like to express to you that our care and compassion are still a responsibility during this time. Safety Standards for our Pick Your Own fields are different from the Farm Market, so please read below:
Pick Your Own Safety Standards include:
With Pick-Your-Own farms essential to the local community, we are still taking steps to maintain the health and safety of our customers and employees during the 2021 Pick Your Own season. The implementations being made are to ensure safe social distancing and longevity of the season. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and thank you for your patronage!
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home and don’t come to the farm or PYO.
- You are NOT required to wear a face mask while at our PYO fields, but please try to maintain a 6’ social distance from other picking groups.
- Social distancing will be maintained, 6’ between individuals/groups.
- You are requested to wash and/or sanitize your hands prior to entering the field—we’ll have a wash station and plenty of sanitizer available.
- Picking containers will be provided—you are not allowed to bring your own container(s).
- The payment method is pay-then-pick; you can choose between different size containers to purchase—you will save the more you pick.
- We accept credit and debit cards as the preferred method, but will accept cash.
- You will make your purchase before entering the field.
- Once you are done picking you simply leave along the marked exit route and return to your vehicle—no more lines waiting to pay, and no large congregation around the PYO booth.
- A field monitor will assign you to a section in the field—you are asked to stay in that area and not wander to other parts of the field.
- The number of pickers in the field will be limited at any given time to allow for safe social distancing—these limits will vary depending upon the field and/or the amount of ripe berries within the field.
- These limits may lead to wait times especially during busier times and or on weekends.
- Fruit picked cannot be consumed in the field, and should be washed/eaten at home.
- Picnicking activity will not be allowed on the farm or in the PYO area.
- Animals/Pets are not allowed on the farm or in PYO
- If you require a service animal please contact us in advance for specific guidelines
Farm Market COVID-19 Safety Plan:
We are happy to announce that masks are now optional for vaccinated customers and staff in our store. We do ask that unvaccinated people continue wearing masks inside the Farm Market. All staff members will carry a mask with them at all times. If you are in need of assistance and feel more comfortable if they wore a mask, please let them know and they will happily oblige!
Additional COVID-19 Safety Plan:
The farm market remains open, with our committed staff following recommended Federal and State protocols. CDC Health & Safety Standards include:
- Washing hands regularly and multiple times throughout the day.
- Limiting access to common areas.
- Disinfecting high touch/traffic locations every 30 minutes (inside trailers and pavilion).
- Hand sanitizing stations positioned near check out.
- Added staff to monitor activity and adhering to social distancing requirements (6 feet separation).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover mouth with a bent elbow when sneezing or coughing. If a tissue is used, dispose of it immediately and follow with proper hand washing.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a cloth face covering or higher level protection when in public, if not vaccinated
Bishop’s Orchards understands that these necessary changes will take some adjusting, but hope they will encourage you all to still come out and enjoy our favorite time of year! For timely updates, information and most importantly, connectivity… please follow us on social media and share how you’re doing. We’d love to hear from you. Please email if you have any other questions or concerns!