Learning is a life-long process. Gathered below is further information about our farm, family, products and resources available to learn about agriculture and food.
Ryan Hanrahan, NBC30 Weatherman visited Bishop’s to learn about winemaking from Winemaker Keith Bishop.
- Each gallon of apple cider weighs 8 lbs. and contains the juice of over 40 medium-sized apples.
- An average apple weighs 3 to 4 ounces.
- A bushel of apples weighs 40 pounds.
- We pick apples into 15-bushel bins to store in our coolers at 34 degrees.
- How many apples are in an 8 oz. glass of cider?
- Answer: 2.5 medium-sized apples!