Online Orders for Pickup Only – To place your order, click here!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to EXTRAORDINARY DEMAND for Online Orders with Curbside Pickup during the 2020 COVID19 Pandemic, we can only physically pick and fill a certain number of orders per hour based upon our staffing and stock availability. It is at Checkout “Step 2: How do you want to receive this order?” that you can choose an available time slot. If no time slots are available, unfortunately no orders can be placed until the next slots open up (usually every 20 minute interval, starting at 5 am), even if you call us as we cannot override the system or take orders over the phone. After selecting 1 or more items, you can view your cart and view the day and times available for pickup in “Step 2: How do you want to receive this order?” and choose a time. This will be held for 30 minutes to allow you to finish your shopping and confirm. If your order is not placed and confirmed within 30 minutes, you will lose this reservation. You will never lose the items in your cart if you are logged in.
- We cannot take orders for more then 1 day ahead since we do not know what our future inventory will be as the food supply chain is disrupted during the 2020 COVID19 Pandemic. Specify “Allow All Substitutions” to insure getting the most items filled since our suppliers are not able to fulfill all items on our orders all the time.
- Want to apply for a temporary job to help us fill orders ? Apply Here.
- The Farm Market remains open during the COVID-19 crisis, following all Executive Orders. Hours open listing. If you are comfortable to shop by coming in the market, please do. We are following cleaning protocols as defined by the health department and CDC for food safety, sanitation and social distancing. In market shopping allows you full access to all items, including newly arrived stock that may not show up online till our inventory database is updated. It will also allow us more time to fill orders for those who cannot come in the market due to health precautions.
- When shopping in our Farm Market, please wear your mask, maintain proper social distancing from others, and only have 1 member per household come in to shop.
How Does It Work?
Bishop’s Orchards online shopping is designed to allow you a quick, easy, and pleasant shopping experience. Select your items, choose your pickup time, and then let us do the shopping for you! We offer over 2,000 products on our site, all at the same price as in our store.
- We currently offer in-store and curbside pickup options
- Curbside pickup times: 8am-6pm
- On the day your order is scheduled, our foragers will do all that they can to ensure that you get everything you ordered as requested
- Curbside: Park in the designated “Numbered Curbside Pickup Spaces in the parking area between our Little Red Barn and the Farm Market.
- Send a text to the number on the sign with your name, spot number and Order name to let us know you have arrived! Have your truck open. A staff person will bring your order out.
- Please then retrieve your receipt from the bag (same as emailed saying your order is ready) to verify we completed your order properly and you have all your bags – freezer items are separate.
- Please make sure your bags are placed securely to not tip over during your drive home!
Be sure to include any notes you may want to include on the Shopping Cart page in “Order Instructions” and mark ‘Allow Substitutions’ for items that you’d be willing to accept an alternative for, or select “Allow All Substitutions” at the top of the Shopping Cart page, just in case we are out of stock of your original item.
Prices charged will be the current pricing in effect at the time your order is picked up. This may vary from pricing shown at the time you place the order and will be rare to happen. Produce items are most likely to change as sales go on and off.
Helpful Tips to Get You Started Shopping
If you have a Bishop’s Loyalty Card or use a phone number at our cash registers, then you’re pre-registered for online purchases and ready to earn loyalty points online as well!
There’s multiple ways to shop online with Bishop’s Orchards:
- Use the search bar at the top and search by whatever product, brand, or type of item you’re looking for
- Select a department from the top menu bar and browse by department
- When looking at items, use the filters along the side bar to narrow down the items by brand, department, category, sub-category, or health attribute
- On your shopping cart summary page, remember to add any notes to specific items or the whole order in general
- Be sure to check ‘Allow Substitutions’ for any items you’ll accept a similar item of (in case we are out of stock of your first choice); you can also select “Allow All Substitutions” at the top of the Shopping Cart page and we’ll find the closest substitutions for any items that we are out of
- Enter your Bishop’s Loyalty # from your Bishop’s card, your phone number or email address that is connected to your in store account to start.
- For 1st time users, you’ll need to click the forgot password to set up your password.
- You will select email, text number or voice phone to verify your account based upon the information you provided when you set up your Loyal Card.
- Upon verification that this info matches your account, a verification code is sent to finalize your registration. Follow the instructions and you’ll be ready to place an order.
- If you have a Bishop’s Loyalty Card with no linked email or an old phone number, call us to add it, so you don’t create a duplicate account by registering again.
- We urge you to set up one account per family.
Online Orders for Pickup Only – To place your order, click here!
How to Create a Shopping List
One of the great features of our online shopping experience is the ability to create a shopping list. Have regular items that you get every week? Create a list and you can order those at the click of a button! Or, do you need to make a list for that birthday party you’re hosting next week? No problem, you can also make a list for a specific occasion as well and add items to the list as you remember them. There are a couple different ways you can get a list started, so you can easily add items to a list wherever you are at in your shopping process:
- From any item page or listing of items you will see the list button above the “Add to Cart” button when you are logged in. Click on this and you can add any quantity of that item to an existing list or create a new list right from there.
- From your shopping cart page, you can also select to move (and delete from your cart) any item to one of your lists, or copy an item (and keep in your current cart) to any list as well.
- You can also manage your lists from your account page. You can access your account options from the top right, where it says Hello, (your name). From the drop-down select “Lists”. Here you can manage the items in any of your lists. You can also select to move (and delete from your list) any item or the whole list to your shopping cart, or copy an item or the whole list to your cart as well.
- What if I can’t find an item on the site?
- If you are unable to find a product online but think we carry it, add a note in the Instructions box when you checkout. Enter as much information about the product as possible and we will make our best attempt to find it for you. Keep in mind that many of our prepared foods aren’t available online.
- Can I buy your wines and other CT Farm Wines?
- Yes. Putting ‘wine’ in the search bar will bring up our wine selections. When you pickup your order, the runner will verify the receiver is over age 21.
- Can I add special instructions for items?
- Yes! Do you need avocados ripe for guacamole today? You can add special instructions to any item in your shopping cart from the Shopping Cart page. There is also an option to put instructions for the entire order as well, such as ‘Please don’t put the produce in plastic bags’.
- How do substitutions work?
- By default we do not substitute items. From the Shopping Cart page you may select ‘Allow Substitutions’ for any specific items or select “Allow All Substitutions.” Selecting this lets our foragers know that you’ll accept a similar item if the original item you selected is unavailable when we prepare your order for you. You will be charged the price of the substitute item. We carry a lot of unique products and thus not all items will have a suitable substitute.
- Does Bishop’s Orchards deliver?
- No, we only accept orders for curbside pick-up.
- You can designate any friend, family member or service to pickup your order. If you know who this will be at the time you place your order, specify in the “Order Instructions” box, otherwise forward the email confirmation that your order is ready for pickup (usually sent within an hour of your pickup time) to the person so we can validate the order number and give it to the proper person.
- How far in advance can I place an order for pick-up?
- Orders can be placed up to 1 day in advance. Slots open up on the cycles shown on the “Step 2: How do you want to receive this order?” time drop down box.
- How do I know if an item is on sale?
- Sale items will have the original price struck through and show the sale price below the original price. They also will show the savings amount in the bottom corner of the product image.
- NOTE: Prices charged will be the current pricing in effect at the time your order is picked up. This may vary from pricing shown at the time you place the order but will be rare to happen. Produce items are most likely to change as sales go on and off. (Our software vendor will have a future release to solve this issue.)
- Why don’t the Online Exclusive Deals show a different price?
- The discount for the Online Exclusive Deals will show up when the item is added to your cart.
- Can I change the date/time of pickup for an order I have already placed?
- Please give us a call at 203-453-2338 Option 2 if you need to change the date or time of pickup for an order you’ve already placed. If it’s for a later date or time than your original order this will be no problem. If it’s for an earlier date or time, we will do our best to accommodate this change but we may not be able to process the order earlier than your originally selected date & time.
- Can I review my order once it’s been placed?
- You will receive a confirmation email when you place your order that includes a list of everything you ordered. Additionally, you can log in to your account and select ‘Past Orders’. Here you can see an order you just placed as well as any previous orders purchased (in market or online) using your Bishop’s Loyalty Card and phone number linked to this account. You can also easily duplicate a past order from this menu as well.
- Can I add onto my Order once it’s been placed?
- NO. This will be a future enhancement. Due to the order volume and our capacity you need to place an additional order and may have to wait for the next day.
- Our Market is open. If you are comfortable to shop by coming in the market, please do. We are following cleaning protocols as defined by the health department and CDC for food safety, sanitation and social distancing. In market shopping allows you full access to all items, including newly arrived stock that may not show up online till our inventory database is updated.
- Can I save an order I haven’t finished yet?
- You sure can. Once you have registered for an account and logged in, any item you put in your cart will remain there until you checkout or remove the item. If you place items into your cart but have not signed into your account items in your cart will not be saved.
- How can I cancel an order I’ve placed?
- Please call us at 203-453-2338 Option 2 if you need to cancel your order.
- What if I need to return a product from my order?
- NOTE: during the 2020 COVID19 Pandemic time period covered by CT Executive Orders, we cannot accept any returns. In normal times, Returns will be handled the same as any purchase from Bishop’s Orchards. If you are not 100% satisfied with a product bring your receipt to our Customer Service desk within thirty (30) days and we’ll credit the item back with a Bishop’s Gift Card.
- I received the wrong product. What should I do?
- Our foragers will do their best to make sure you get exactly what you ask for, but we’re human and mistakes can happen. Call us at 203-453-2338 Option 2. We’ll credit you back for the wrong product and have the right product ready for you at the store.
- What about bag fees?
- We primarily use paper bags and cardboard boxes for your grocery order, and plastic for wet produce. Our in store 10¢ bag fee for each paper bag is waived at the current time for curbside pickup. We’ll pack your groceries using the least amount of paper bags as possible (unless requested otherwise) to minimize impact on the environment. By default we use plastic bags for produce, unless requested not to do so under “Order Instructions”.
Where do I Pickup my Order? NEW
- Park in one of the numbered designated “Curbside Pickup” spots in the Center parking lot located between the Little Red Barn and the Greenhouse by the Farm Market.
- Once parked, text the number on the sign with the Name used to place the order, Numbered Spot, color and make of your car. If you can’t text, Call 203-453-2338, option 1 to let us know you have arrived!
Billing, Payment & Pricing
- What if the amount charged to my credit card is wrong?
- Contact us by replying to via email from the email confirmation or by calling 203-453-2338 Option 2 and we’ll gladly correct any billing issues. Please keep in mind that the order total shown online when you place the order is an estimate and often varies from the amount charged when the transaction is finalized on pickup day.
- What if I would like to change my account information?
- When you sign in to your account, select the ‘Profile’ tab. From here you can update your contact information. You can also edit/delete your payment information from the ‘Wallet’ tab.
- Is there a fee for ordering online?
- Yes, there is a $3.99 fee for all orders.
- Can I pay for my order with a gift card?
- Our current online ordering system does not allow for payment with a gift card for gift card security purposes.
- Do you have weekly specials?
- We have weekly specials. Our weekly sales begin on Saturdays and end the following Friday. You will always get the sale price of an item at the time of pickup. This may be different from when you placed the order.
- Do you accept coupons for online orders?
- Not at this time.
- How is the tax for my order determined?
- Online orders are taxed exactly the same as if you were shopping in the store.
- Is my credit card information safe?
- Your credit card information is never stored with Bishop’s Orchards and is never shared with any other parties. Card data input is replaced with an irreversible token in our system that has no value and all cardholder information is encrypted by the credit card processor.
- You will always receive the price of an item based on your pickup date.
- If an item is not on sale when you order but is on sale on your pickup date, you pay the sale price.
- If in item is on sale when you order but not on sale on your pickup date, you pay the regular price.
- Weighted Items
- For weighed items the amount you pay will be finalized when we process your order on your pickup date. This may vary slightly from the weight you selected originally.
- Buy One, Get One Free
- If an item is marked ‘Buy One, Get One Free’, you must add two of the item to your cart to receive the second item free.
- Please use a Strong Password. A Strong Password should
- Be at least 8 characters in length
- Contain both upper and lowercase alphabetic characters (e.g. A-Z, a-z)
- Have at least one numerical character (e.g. 0-9)
- Have at least one special character (e.g. [email protected]#$%^&*()_-+=)
- Security of your account can be enhanced by using Two-Factor authentication. Set this up under your profile.
- Two-Factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account ensuring you are the only person who can access it, even if someone else knows your password.
- Using Two-Factor authentication requires that you have an authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator, installed on your mobile device. Authenticator apps are available from the app store on all modern mobile devices.
- If you get an email with an order attached you did not order, call us at 203-453-2338 Option 2 right away.
- We strive to offer you a first-class online shopping experience, just as we do for you in person. If you have any compliments, criticisms, or suggestions please send them to us at [email protected]
The Farm Market remains open during the COVID-19 crisis, Hours open listing. If you are comfortable to shop by coming in the market, please do. We are following all Executive orders and cleaning protocols as defined by the health department and CDC for food safety, sanitation and social distancing. In market shopping allows you full access to all items, including newly arrived stock that may not show up online till our inventory database is updated. It will also allow us more time to fill orders for those who cannot come in the market due to health precautions.
Online Orders for Pickup Only – To place your order, click here!