If you’re looking for a new creative holiday dessert, try mixing two favorites: cream puffs and eggnog.
Makes 2 Dozen(s)
Use the slider to multiply the batch
- 1 cup(s) Water
- .5 cup(s) Butter, cubed
- .125 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 cup(s) All-Purpose Flour
- .75 teaspoon(s) Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1.5 cup(s) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1.5 cup(s) Confectioners Sugar
- .25 cup(s) Eggnog
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- .125 teaspoon(s) Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a rolling boil. Add flour all at once and nutmeg and stir until blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring vigorously until mixture pulls away from sides of pan. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed, very firm and golden brown. Pierce sides of each puff with tip of a knife. Cool on wire racks. Cut top third off each puff.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups cream until it begins to thicken. Add 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, 1/4 cup eggnog, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg; beat until soft peaks form. Fill cream puffs with whipped cream just before serving; replace tops. Dust with additional confectioners’ sugar. Serve immediately.
- Prep: 0:40
- Cook: 0:30
- Wait: 0:00