Prepared Foods Cook Assistant (Part Time)
Your role as a Prepared Foods Cook Assistant will include providing support to the Prepared Foods Cook with respect to the oversight of the food preparation process, creation of recipes, and the selection of the items in the Prepared Foods case. Additionally you will maintain attractive Prepared Foods displays and support the company vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members. Reports to the Prepared Foods Team Manager.
- – Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- – Ensure that food quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet all company standards.
- – Provide or follow complete recipes for all products produced in the kitchen; develop and test new recipes.
- – Ensure all prepared items are labeled, dated, initialed, covered, and rotated.
- – Know product availability, preparation, storage, and nutritional aspects.
- – Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- – Support our marketing, employee, and store programs.
- – Provide backup in the absence of the Prepared Foods Team Manager.
- – Ensure that production is done using correct measuring devices, and all recipes are followed.
- – Ensure that walk-ins and freezers are kept clean and organized.
- – Communicate team concerns to the Prepared Foods Team Manager.
- – Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- – Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking, or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to successfully delegate production tasks.
- Basic knowledge of ingredient information and nutri-facts for Prepared Foods products.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Comply with all regulatory rules and regulations including HACCP, OSHA, Dept. of Labor, Weights and Measures, and local food and sanitation laws.
- Good communicator and motivator; able to work well with others and convey enthusiasm.
- Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department, including weekends.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.).
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 56 pounds. Push and pull carts/jacks weighing up to 2000 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position of approximately 20-25 hours a week.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to our HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a great PART TIME job with flexible hours?
Part of offering great service and products is having great people who like our products and interacting with customers and fellow staff members. Our family is looking for sharp, enthusiastic people to join the Bishop’s Orchards team. Bishop’s offers a bright, active environment, with a variety of possibilities. We offer paid vacations and holidays, employee discounts and a 401(k) Profit Sharing plan to qualified employees, along with flexible hours. Weekends, after school, weekdays, mornings are all possibilities in our flex scheduling.
Full Time jobs offer paid health and dental benefits, paid vacations and holidays and a 401(k) with profit sharing plan to qualified employees.
Consider Working at Bishop’s Orchards
Applications are being accepted for the following jobs. Pick up an employment application in our Market or Download it now in Adobe PDF format. For an interview, please come to our Farm Market with your completed application. No appointment necessary for part-time applications. Just stop in between 8 and 5! Most openings are for Part Time, with flexible schedules, including during school shifts, after school shifts, weekends only or a combo.
Retail Farm Marketing Intern Program
We are seeking interns to work at Bishop’s Orchards who are looking for hands-on experience in management here at our farm market. They will be assisting our management staff with day-to-day issue, including but not limited to personnel, inventory, scheduling, stocking, ordering, customer service etc. Applicants should be able to demonstrate through work, school or other programs that they have a sincere interest in retail marketing and management. For more information please E-mail us.